26 Jan Does Your Child Experience Hearing Loss?
Firstly, children are susceptible to the same hearing problems as adults. So, if older children ask you to turn up the TV, for example, this could be a reason for alarm bells.
However, there are a number of other symptoms to look out for in at various stages of their infancy. They include;
- Your child ignores loud noises and doesn’t respond to their name from the age of 6 months.
- Your child does not vocalize simple words like ‘mama’ or ‘dada’ by 16 months.
- Your child suffers from a lot of ear infections.
- Your child’s speech is hard to understand after the age of 3.5 years.
- Your child does not follow age-appropriate directions.
None of these issues is conclusive of hearing loss, and there can be many other reasons for them. However, if any of them begin to surface, it’s important to visit Little Rock Audiology ASAP.